Learn how to choose a hosting plan that is designed specifically for your business needs.
As a business large or small, choosing the best web hosting service can be a daunting task. Windows hosting and Linux hosting are two of the main hosting providers that both small and large companies most commonly select from when using services from Gotham Web Services. Choosing between Windows hosting and Linux hosting will be a choice based on the needs of your business. Thinking about what your web page requires and what you want it to look like and how you want it to operate will be just a few questions you will need to answer before you can make you decision between Windows hosting or Linux hosting. It is important that you know what both Windows hosting and Linux hosting have to offer you, so alongside Gotham Web Services, you can make the best informed choice. The main thing to remember is that your choice of hosting platform will dictate the type of software and the kind of applications that your website can utilize. Although talking to someone knowledgeable at Gotham Web Services will guarantee that you are making the best decision for your web site, the chart below will familiarize you with what Windows and Linux have to offer you.
Below are some of the main differences between Windows Hosting and Linux Hosting.
- Windows hosting is run by Microsoft.
- Windows hosting runs smoothly with Microsoft’s products.
- Windows hosting allows websites to run active server pages.
- Windows hosting has a simple to use interface.
- Windows hosting is compatible with ASP.net.
- Windows hosting is the best choice if you are using ASP, FrontPage,.NET,ASPNET, Cold Fusion, PHP Windows Streaming Media, Access, MMQL or any other Microsoft trademark programs.
- Windows hosting is ideal for web sites that have online searchable databases or chat functions.
- Windows hosting provides control through a user friendly web site panel.
- Windows hosting is a must use if you are using Microsoft technologies such as MSSQL.
- Windows hosting offers a large amount of commercial applications.
- Windows hosting allows for all features of FrontPage to be utilized.
- Linux is open source.
- Linux runs efficiently with PHP, Perl, or MYSQL.
- Linux uses cPanel hosting.
- Linux is ideal for information rich websites with some user interaction (such as enquiry or contact forms)
- Linux supports almost any type of file extensions; the most common one being: .cgi, .html, .pl, .pho, .shtml, and .xml.
- Linux is one of the most widely used hosting.
- Linux is a great choice for web sites that use blogs, web applications, podcasts, shopping cart or online forum.
- Linux offers a lot of Free application programs and scripts.
Overall, choosing between Windows hosting and Linux hosting is a personal choice based specifically on the needs of your web page. In the long run, the best solution is to find a trustworthy hosting provider who will give you competent service! This means technical support that is available to you 24/7, so in the case that you need support, it is there for you at all times.
Click here Now for hosting information